- This event has passed.
Workshop: “Food, health, and factors promoting longevity” **CANCELED**
March 5 - March 6
Unfortunately, due to the recent outbreak of coronavirus, the workshop is canceled. We will strive to reschedule it at a later date, tentatively the 2nd-3rd of July 2020.
Detailed information will follow soon on the website https://www.foodhealthlongevity.eu.
Thank you for your understanding.
We look forward to seeing you in Novara!
The international workshop “Food, health, and factors promoting longevity” gathers researchers and international experts in order to deepen the knowledge about aging processes and to encourage and expand collaborations and networking.
The international workshop aims to answer a few relevant questions about aging, such as:
1) Why do we age and why do we age in unhealthy conditions?
2) What is the role of food and nutrition in health, in aging processes and in pathological conditions?
3) Is it possible to reduce the burden of diseases and disabilities during aging?
The topics are covered by 2 MIUR (Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research) funded projects recently won by the Department of Translational Medicine and the Department of Health Sciences of the University of Eastern Piedmont (UPO), called respectively:
– Aging project: diseases and disabilities during aging, treatment and care pathways (Department of Translational Medicine)
– Project “FOHN”: Food for Health: an Integrated Approach (Department of Health Sciences)